Friday, June 3, 2011

Love in the Temple

We went to the Temple last night.  It is one of my favorite things to do.  We try to go together as a couple once a month and then we each go on our own at least once more each month.  We go to the Temple so we feel close to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.

Provo, Utah Temple

Last night I was struck by the amount of love that is shown in the Temple.  I was able to sit next to an elderly mother and her daughter (who was not all that young herself).  The daughter leaned over to her mom a few times and expressed how happy she was to be there with her.  My favorite was hearing them express their love to each other.  It just melted my heart.  I also had the privileged of observing a handicapped sister and the joy she felt at being in the Temple.  The others near her tenderly cared for her needs in the most loving way possible.  Everywhere you turn you see couples holding hands. 

Then there is the love that is not seen but implied. I know that two of the sisters in attendance were there without their husbands but it is because of the love of their husbands that they were able to come by themselves while their husbands took care of the kids at home. Their husbands understand their needs to refuel spiritually (and to have a break from the children).  Love unseen but still present.


While we were there our children were at Grandma and Grandpa's house.  They were lovingly fed dinner, played with, and the little ones were comforted when sad. The love my parents express to me and my children each time we go to the Temple is heartwarming.  I appreciate their willingness to love and nurture our children while we are serving and showing our love to the Savior.

The Temple to me is many things but for me yesterday it was all about love.

No comments:

Post a Comment