Friday, August 26, 2011

Week in Review

Highlights from my week.


Jacob is teething - such a sad little boy.


Jim and I have an agreement.  He is the potato peeler and I am the potato cutter.  It sure makes cooking with potatoes go so much faster.  Plus we get to visit while we work in the kitchen.  Not a bad deal at all.

Our wheat is stored in 5 gallon buckets with containers of sulphur in them to hep preserve the wheat.  I don't entirely understand the whole sulphur thing  (the wheat came from my parents).  Well to make a long story short the sulphur container spilled into the wheat and we had a disaster of a batch of bread.  The entire house smelled like rotten eggs.  It was nasty!

 
 The bread from the bad sulphur contaminated wheat was supposed to be for lunch.  I didn't have much else on hand for a quick lunch so I had to get creative.  I sauteed squash, broccoli, carrots, cabbage and green onions on some bacon grease (I always save it in the fridge) tossed in leftover black beans and rice.  I seasoned it with fish sauce and Thai curry paste.  The kids loved it so much we had it again for lunch 2 days latter.  I love that my kids will eat veggies.


Tim is camping with the young men in the ward tonight.  He is a good sport to let me take his photo on the way out the door.  He needs a hair cut.  It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so curly.


School started this week.  That means that I once again have 4 math lessons to correct every day.  The kids do it sometimes but I like to do it to keep better tabs on their progress.  Andrew has terrible handwriting.  He has this thing about using as little of his paper as possible.  It makes it so hard to correct.


Allison was hungry and went scavenging in the kitchen.  She thought that Peppermint extract sounded good.  She was surprised by the flavor and will never do that again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment