Monday, August 29, 2011

Formula instead of Milk?

I did something a bit unconventional the other day with my mashed potatoes.  I was out of milk and didn't want to run to the store to get some right then.  But I needed milk for the potatoes.  I rummaged in the pantry looking for options and I stumbled on a can of baby formula.  I have never used formula on any of my babies but some how I got on a mailing list and was sent a free can in the last few months.    I know it sounds weird but I made up 1 cup of the formula and used it when I mashed my potatoes.  I couldn't tell the difference and the kids were none the wiser.  It was definitely a make it work or do without moment and I think it went well.

Have you ever used formula instead of milk in cooking?  How did it turn out?



As a side note I  mash my potatoes in my Bosch mixer with the wire whips on.  I like mashed potatoes that are smooth and creamy.  No lumps for me here.
 


________________________

If you haven't voted yet please do.


My skirt made it into the top 15 designs for the 

You can go here to vote - PLEASE :)
Mine is #14

No comments:

Post a Comment