Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Design for Shabby Apple - Submission #2

 This is my second creation for the Shabby Apple "Dare to Design" contest.

 
This dress is so much fun.  It is simple to wear and has a very forgiving fit.  The entire front bodice has very small pin tuck seams that enhance the crinkly appearance the fabric naturally has.  The waist sits at your natural waist and is elastic.  It could be made with a matching sash but I chose to model it with a favorite belt that gives a nice pop of color.



The skirt is a full circle.  I love circle skirts because you gets lots of flirty volume on the bottom while not adding volume to your waist or hips (who wants that?). 



 I don't normally think of gray as a color for spring but I think it works in the dress.  The fabric is a very soft crinkly lightweight synthetic fabric that is wash and wear - huge plus.  I think it would look equally good in a floral like one of these. 



This dress in either a solid or a floral would be a great Shabby Apple dress.  It would be a great honor to design for Shabby Apple.  In the mean time I just need to make this dress for myself.








No comments:

Post a Comment