Monday, May 30, 2011

I'm Georgeous Inside

Our family was participating in a charity walk the other day and saw this older home for sale.  The home was nothing special.  It had no real curb appeal to speak of but this is the sign that was hanging outside.

It really caught my attention and made me think.   I feel very average and that I am not exactly stunningly beautiful.  I know my husband thinks I am beautiful and that is all that really matters in the end but....  there are days when I wish I was skinny and movie star beautiful.  What difference would it make if I walked around with a sign above my head that read I'm Gorgeous Inside?  Would people look at me differently and if so would it be in a good way or a bad crazy lady sort of way?

I think I need to hang a sign similar to this above every mirror in my home.  I could use the reminder each day that although I may be rather average on the outside I'M GORGEOUS INSIDE.  I could use the constant reminder that I am a daughter of my Heavenly Father and that he loves me.  I may look like every other frazzled mother but I have a beautiful heart.  I think we all could gain some self confidence by reminding ourselves that we are gorgeous inside.  It doesn't matter what is on the outside it matters what is on the inside.  It sounds cheesy but it is true.  We try to teach this idea to our children but how often as mothers do we listen to our own advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment